onsdag 30 september 2009

Publife & Parklife


With 'breathe me' in my headphones and words of wisdom from mum in my hand I did shed a tear when the plane left the ground. It took a long time after moving home from my two years away before I actually landed, but this summer I've been Home as ever. Stockholm is mine. I'll miss having my Stockholm at my doorstep. Anyways, the plane got up in the air and I turned up volume and bass and put on an awesome playlist. Nice digidigi. London London London!

After making my way on the tube with my 30 kg of luggage (I was brutal) Emma met me at Statford station and we went to the place where we're temporary staying. It is what you can expect from London. 5 or 6 people that doesn't know each other sharing a house that hasn't been cleaned for at least ten years. So why start know? Easier to just wear flipflops in the shower and clean the plates an extra time before eating on them. I was welcomed with a nice dinner and then we went to say hi to the Swedish crew at Bethnal Green.

Yesterday I got to see the apartment we have signed a contract for. It's a topclass shoebox! Literally. A white square box squeezed in between a garage and some backyards. No normal windows, only windows in the ceiling. A skylit shoebox! But it is so much nicer than I ever would have hoped to find in London. No carpets! And kitchen, bathroom, bath(!) and everything looks brand new. Oh, and it has a very loud alarm. The estate agent forgot that there was an alarm when he was gonna show me the place. At least now I know it's working. Can't wait to move in there. 15th it is. Two weeks.

I also went to have a look at my soon-to-be university. 100 metres from Oxford Circus. Nice. As long as the weather stays nice Regent Park will be the place for me and my books. The most peaceful place ever. Me and the squirrels. Autumn is at its best here now. 20 degrees in the sun, still green but with yellow shades.
I am adapting to England, I had a pint and chips for dinner yesterday. Meeting people is easy, as a wise man once said.

a little taste of my flying playlist:
Taking Hold-Alice Russell
Heres Whats Left-RJD2
Tell Everybody-Roisin Murphy
Victim of the Crime-Phoenix
Poison Cup-M.Ward
With Every Heartbeat-Kleerup feat Robyn
Mirror Mirror On The Wolf Tell The Story Right-Alice Russell
20$-M.I.A
Walking On A Dream-Empire of the Sun
Knocked Up-Kings Of Leon & Lykke Li


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar